Saturday, October 20, 2012

Lulu and a faux pas about eggs.


*Preamble: another true story, talk about been lucky, lucky, lucky. Its, not what you say, its what is misconstrued, that gets a debate going, such as I have done. So, this is what I am writing about, with no interruptions.

To-day, its about a statement that I made about eggs, from a chicken. Envision the scène; It was a warm and sunny day in the back yard of the condo and as luck would have it, a “women” was there and of course, I, make a faux pas about eggs.

Because of the circumstances that occurred I nicknamed her “ Lulu” and I don’t remember if it was spoken out loud or psychologically became apparent ??.(this could be another story) . Its what goes thru your mind when you face arrogance. No matter, make it so Mr. Worf.

By definition a lulu is; An outstanding example of a particular type of person or thing. i.e. “outstanding in the field”, and can think what ever you want.!

And I should mention that she is a friend of my son’s, either that or give out her name. Hey, Gwen, which would you prefer.??., neither, ok, I got it.!!. Readers, please strike the name “Gwen” from your reminiscence. You didn’t read a thing and for-getta-bout-it, ok.

I, don’t know how it got started but my response come out as “eggs are vegetables” and then there was a petite discussion of what I had said and it came down to “you can’t out argue me / or out think me”, a challenge again from this women. Hmmm???, go for it.

I was thinking “eggs are edible” and you heard “vegetables” which I could have said, but that’s not what I meant and I didn’t get a chance to explain myself. It was not easy to get in a word.!!

Disclaimer: although I was in the area of the malted beverages I did not par take of them.!
And I never drank or quaffed any. Now, that’s a bummer, eh?. Looking, back at all of this, I should had the beer and discussed the merits of it as a food source. And I would have mentioned eggs any way?.

 So, my thoughts were quickly turned to a “defend mode” because you were challenging  and not giving me a chance to start any rebuttals. Aka, (your-hoof-in-my-mouth), sound familiar?.

 “So, Yeah, of course, have you ever heard of, egg-plants?.” Try, that on for size. Is, that eggs are vegetables enough for you.?

And I stand by my opinion that an egg is edible and has many purposes in a lacto-vegetarian divergent way.(I don’t know if it has any allusion to the subject?) not been a pure vegan precludes me from any intellectual dialogue, with this person, now or ever!.

Because, this can be disputed. And, for the record, Gwen, “you have to get up early in the day to stay even with me” and silence does not mean I agree or do I lack an answer back??., I was been courteous as I deferred my reply, with a raison d'être! I, rest my case and you say what??.

You may rejoinder or just concede there is no match to be had. Thank you, for the amusement and I bid you, adieu., .. I, didn’t want to be moneyed or eminent and I have achieved that plateau rather easily, so I have impertinence.
Bruce.








I made a faux pas!.

No comments:

Post a Comment